Friday, 23 November 2007

Cheese Dilemma?



No, not the straightforward cathedral city or blue stilton misnomer but in fact cheese of the deeply camp and obsessive origins.

I have been in a dilemma for some weeks readers re THE BLOODY JOHN BARROWMAN CD, now then I'm sure it won't have escaped your attention that I have some obsessive leanings towards Torchwood and it's crew Captain Jack Harkness etc. However, I suspect John Barrowman singing/taking to a stage/dancing really doesn't roll my coaster. I have, thus far, resisted temptation to buy the bloody CD.

"Well Done Helen!"

"I thank you!" ok I'm scaring myself now...

I can't believe he's singing the Heaven song. "I'm finding it hard to believe we're in Heaven"-What a typecast he is! He's really messed wit Nina Simones 'Feeling Good' which should never have been allowed to be covered (by anyone, including Captain Jack Harkness or a Dalek or Avon even) post-Muse, I can't quite believe I am now previewing the bloody CD :-/

...So tonight I'm having a little think regarding April next year and the fact Bjork is touring (well if you can call London, Manchester and Sheffield a tour) and *blump* (that's the sound of an email landing). 'Did you know?' NO I DIDN'T , kthanx J ;P! John Barrowman is touring, what exactly he'll do is anyones guess, a bit of maniaical jesting with the audience, a ball-room dance or two, a cheese-mongred song or 3 and get his legendary alien trouser snake out, oh god no that's me fantasising again.My pal Jamie has been to see him live and admitted he had a very satisfactory hans solo in the hotel, immediately after the show.I hope he made it to his room? Apparently he mooned the audience, John not Jamie.

I digress once again...

Anyway...: “I see myself being very different from the average(ahem-we've heard dear) singer. I have released records before, but this is my first for a mainstream audience. But I do want to make it absolutely clear here and now: I am not trying to be a pop star. I'm just trying to make a high quality album full of songs that I hope people would want to hear me sing. For those who only maybe know me from television, I'd like them to discover another side of me." John Barrowman

John Barrowman - "excuse me for my directness,I put it to you that the only side I need to discover is the alien, time travelling, gore, troubled piece of erotica, with uniforms, boy on boy on alien action with the odd pistol. Basically, a pure sex-fest LIVE stage show is what I really crave this spring, ... erm?" H Campbell.



I think I'll buy the album for my mum for Drossmas. Mmmmm.

I wondering if he'll sing a song in that coat even, now that would be worth a ticket. Jamie now has a coat like that, it's a Canadian grey coat in fact, the bastard.


I digress further..."

The fans of the show are going to love it because it’s got sex and violence and, at the end of it, you’re going to have to go finish yourselves off, so to speak, because it’s so horny, it’s not even funny
"
John Barrowman commenting on Series 2 of Torchwood. Tell it to my face 'it's not even funny Barrowman' I'm not sure the Duracell bunny's been to this private hell before.


Oh and for the gruyere topping with hundreds and thousands Dolly Parton is touring too!

No comments: