I went to Asda(WALMART-the letters keep getting biggeR) tonight to procure a few essentials and was horrified to learn they were out of common or garden Hoummus. There was no Hoummus, plain simple low fat or full fat Hoummus.
But prey tell what was there instead of common or garden Hoummus???....
Hoummus with roasted red pepper
Hoummus with roasted garlic and pesto
Hoummus with caramelised red onion marmalade
I'm kinda wondering where these Asda aspirations to be Waitrose came from? What happend to a good old social class B1 Hoummus, or is that by definition inverted snobbery?
I know, I know Hoummus is only lemon juice, olive oil, chickpeas and garlic and I COULD make my own(I think last time I nearly accidently rotted someones stomach lining by replacing 4 cloves with 4 bulbs of garlic!Great for the immune system though LOL) but the world is a safer place if I leave the blender alone. Trust me.
So ladies and gents for my tea tonight I had baked beans on toast topped with Hoummus with roasted garlic and pesto(and ketchup) and quite teh yumz in teh tumz it was too. Hey it's a slippery slope...
Saturday, 8 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment