
1. Was 2007 a good year for you?
ha ha, it could have been much worse. To be fair the medical shit was er shit, but I am fairly content right now.
2. What was your favorite moment of the year?
The Stooges gig, Whitby, The Violets gig, Club Lash in the spring, kareoke at Bens, most time with friends etc etc
3. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Just one?! Having problems with mood disorder/depression Jan-May. FINALLY giving up Dave(he being like crack-cocaine to the soul and loins). Having 3 lots of surgery and 5 stays(28 nights) in hospital. Concurrently bleeding from every orifice(except ears!) and being in acute unearthly pain was pretty scary.
4. What are your plans for 2008?
To stay alive. To really live, not just exist. To enjoy. To love and be loved.
5. What countries did you visit?
England, Scotland, Germany
6. What date/s in 2007 will remain etched in your memory?
Friday 31st August,15th September, 6/26/27/28th Oct AND my friend Dougs marriage in May, shoot me for forgetting the exact date :-/
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
probably being alive today (nicked that straight off
sturmed )
8. What was your biggest failure?
Getting v stressed about dying in hospital!
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
LOL, er yeah see q 3, oh and today having a chest Xray as I'm into the 5th week of a-more-on-than-off-selectively-anti-biotic-resistant-chest-infection
10. What was the best thing you bought?
um Bright Eyes-Cassadaga has given me immense pleasure
11. Who's behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one person did both.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The March Violets gig ;)
14. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Any Jackie Leven, The Stooges-I Wanna Be Your Dog, New Model Army-Green and Grey, Joy Division Atmosphere, Bright Eyes-Cassadaga album, NiN-Year Zero album, The March Violets-Cut Down Pretty, seeing NiN performe live Hurt was one of the two songs that nearly made me cry ;), ok so maybe I did cry.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? Less fat
b) Happier or sadder? Happier
c) Richer or poorer? Poorer
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
gigs, movies, socialising, exercise, laughing, making the effort to get outta town, cooking great healthy meals
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
hospitals, crying, hiding under duvet
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
I go to the parents for a few hours eat, be merry, drive home, then drink. Probably.
19. Which LJ/MySpace users did you meet for the first time?
None (but I did meet the jpt from Blogger :))
20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
whatever!
21. How many one night stands?
3
22. What was your favourite TV show?
Torchwood, Heroes
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm too lazy for hate
24. What was/were the best books you read?
My Dirty Little Book Of Stolen Time-Liz Jensen-thanks
gillywoo !
Secret History-Donna Tartt thanks bookclub and gillywoo
The Torchwood books - yeah I'm sad
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bat For Lashes, Holy Fuck, Client, Explosions In The Sky, The Auteurs(-belatedly!)
26. What did you want and get?
An AV fistula that works! An mp3 player thanks da woo! Bongos. Happier. To see The March Violets live.
27. What did you want and not get?
Mutual-in-loveness, a tom-tom, a cd player, new flooring in the kitchen, a fixed door, a fridge freezer.
28. What was your favourite film this year?
Closer and Atonement
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 36 and got completely fucked at Whitby Golf Weekend, then the next night had some kareoke with friends :).
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
more self-confidence/self-belief/self-worth and less ill-health
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
FuCKed!
32. What kept you sane?
Meds.Friends.Hope. Thank you :)
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
I'm currently jacking off about Peter Petrelli, I know - who isn't?
34. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Mugabe and his persistence to live and fuck people/Zimbabwe over
35. Who did you miss?
Oh loads, friends that have moved away mostly.I've done well not to mention Dave more than once yet and I'm suprising myself by NOT missing what we had.
36. Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
Allegedly.(I dumped someone)
37. Did somebody treat you badly in 2006?
Yeah, see above lol.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
I have such a joie de vivre and for so long it's been in bondage, yay for it's liberation(and bondage in the bedroom!)
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year...
"When panic grips your body and your heart is a hummingbird,
Raven thoughts blacken your mind until you're breathing in reverse,
All your friends and sedatives, mean well, but make it worse,
Every reassurance just magnifies the doubt,
Better find yourself a place to level out."
If The Brakeman Turns My Way-Bright Eyes
The weekend:
Wendyhouse

No comments:
Post a Comment