Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Hilary Briss special

In the summer of 2005 a 16 year old boy told his parents that he was gay. Their response was to send him to a fundamentalist Christian camp. He blogged about his experiences on his Myspace page. When his friends read about what he was going through, this is what happened ...

Had work meeting this afty/eve, presented myself and said providing bug gone I can be back on Monday. Small problem, I haven't got a desk anymore! Can I come back on the 2nd of January?! Well, of course! ;) The PCT has decided to try and move an extra 45 people into a building already too small and they are trying to force people to hotdesk.I'm sure that works fine for some individuals teams, but we are providing a service and are very resource heavy so I'm not sure how that will work, we can't move 3 tall-boys worth of resources round the building every week lol. Apparently if the PCT haven't found me a permanent desk the Union will take the PCT to a tribuneral under the Disability Discrimination Act.I sit in these meetings sometimes and wonder how they get so bloody complicated?! Its bonkers, so now I have to tell my Dr to sign me off and then sign me back as fit for work on the 2nd Jan.It's all the wrong way round.

Oh and the snot-fest is making my nose bleed, muchly. Off back to bed with some biscuits.

No comments: