Sunday, 2 December 2007

oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head.../I'm in love with a time machine

WAD-Went to the vigil and 'do' was good to see Mark and Jeni and meet Nicki, oh and bump into the man who sits behind me at work LOL! Owen's a nice chap though, we are quite conspiratorial about my loud and obnoxious boss, and Christ his boyf was HOT! We did the vigil inside, which to me defies the objective of awareness and profile raising, but I guess that isn't the whole point of rememberance.It was wadding it down and the German Xmas Market(with fun fair) TOTALLY defies the one minutes silence! A Leeds MP came and gave a bit of a soap-box moment, he's very aware of the national and international HIV and Aids issues and at least we didn't feel his enthusiasm was tokenism. We all went for a couple of bevvies together and then me and Mark headed for The Spice Bar Restaurant, it's one of these crazy all you can eat 3 course buffets with a total selection of hot and cold dishes, my god I ate for England!Was hearing about Marks NYE plans and the rivers of Champagne and food from Berlins equivalent of Harrods Food Hall, oh and the glitter theme, I joked(I'm not joking) that I should get over to Berlin and just sit below their balconies in a semblence of glitter and awe and get the odd tit-bit! He's an inspirational guy. We talked work a bit, which was ok, didn't freak me out too much!

Despite getting to bed afore 2am still didn't wake up til 4.05pm :( and my nose commenced the bleeding...

Tomorrow I have a work Occy Health mtg which I'm dreading as it's at 9.30am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also my birth mum put on my birthday card 'It would be good to hear from you' and then procedded to write nothing other than 'Happy Birthday', this really irks me. She comes to Leeds once a month (for the last decade) and has NEVER bothered to come and see me, and that my friends makes me feel rejected all over again. I guess I can write to her but I will find it hard to be positive in the letter.

Oh Christ - this is divine a mash-up Kylie's "2 Hearts," a cover version of Goldfrapp's "Strict Machine, The Killers' "Smile Like You Mean It" and The Timelord's "Doctorin The Tardis" LUSTY GENIUS!: http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2007/11/listen-to-fast.html
-Wouldn't that make a better Xmas Number 1 campers?!

SPIDEY CAT!:


*edit* I am teh failz for opening a large box of Scottish butter short-bread. They were meant to be an Xmas pressie for the neighbours.

No comments: