Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Gods Own Medicine?


I'm thinking of going to a Mission gig in February 08. Night one or two. You couldn't pay me to go to a gig where they played Children and beyond... Shame there's only one original band member left(I'd feel a bit fraudulent if I were they).I wonder if Hussey will wear a silly hat and dark shades for old times sake? The Mission were the third live band I ever saw, I think, although to be fair my memory's getting a little hazy. I can't remember if it was 1986/7, but am fairly sure it was the Gods Own Medicine Tour and All About Eve were supporting, but that could've been the second time I saw them at Leeds Uni. I think the first gig was at Leeds Poly. BAH to being an old bastard and having a holey collander for a memory! Either way it was a GREAT gig and I knew all the words to all the songs. Oh, if only life were so simple!

Cough, ear-ache and temperature back on with a vengeance, as predicted after my 'not looking after myself carnage' of Sat night. At least I'm cracking on with The Secret History by Donna Tart, bookclubs's tomorow, or Thursday, I can't remember. Michael rang and I got to verbally meet Miguel :).

Work meeting tomorrow at 4pm=Bollocks. I'm signed off sick till Monday.

I'll fast forward to Friday wehere I hope to be well enough to enjoy The Smiths and Joy Div tribute night.May just do gig and come straight home.If Kerry and Mark aren't going (I bloody hope they are!) I guess I could head on to Club Lash, it's a kinky tartan theme.I have nothing but a tartan headband. I guess I could be a Campbells Meatball?

Sat it's potentially The Spear Of Destiny and Wendyhouse, but I'm hanging fire with plans till I know I'm feeling ok. I've turned down the opportunity to see VNV Nation in Sheffield again, on Sat.
x

No comments: