In what sort of f***ed-up twist of fate did my boyfriend (when we both were aged 6) turn into an adult haematologist? (might it be because I had nosebleeds over him all those years ago?!)
Today I used my main brachial fistual vein and I now have a bit of a haematoma. The same as last time. DOH! I don't know whats going wrong, am def in the vein lots of positive pressure big bright red fistula styley back-flow, kept checking throughout 90mls administration and I pressed on it for 10mins afterwards. Only using 23 gauge butterfly. Buggerations. Still at least it gives the fistula tributary/old faithful a rest. I just wonder why this mersey-tunnel-of-a-vein, either in my, or, Haemo nurses hands is so fragile? I do feel a bit hard done by my veins, that for the first time in my miserable 35 years on the planet I NOW have the mother of all veins and it seems to blow mysteriously slowly post-Factor for no reason at all! Curses. As Toyah might say 'it's a mystewy'.
Saturday, 4 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment