Thursday, 9 August 2007

btsb4Id (Bands to see before I die...)

Wants(ok, some of these may be totally unrealistic, ie bands have irreconciably split/people have died):

Muse The Smiths This Mortal Coil Cocteau Twins Placebo Dead Can Dance Abba Kate Bush Bright Eyes Patrick Wolf Depeche Mode Einsturzende Neubauten Buzzcocks Wham! Hole Nirvana Iggy and The Stooges(playing Leeds in a few weeks, alas no date for surgery yet and it's in the surgery time parameter, argh!) Jarvis Cocker Japan Ben Folds Jeff Buckley Johnny Cash Kirsty Maccoll Madonna Kraftwerk Morphine New York Dolls The Sex Pistols The Sugarcubes Peaches(Had a ticket to see her 05, but had a hip bleed and nosebleed and couldn't stand/drive, bah. This was my 'pre-prophy/I have no veins' days)Patrick Wolf Sinead O'Connor Suzanne Vega The Dandy Warhols The Jesus and Mary Chain (I've met them, I've just never seen them live) REM The Raveonettes Leonard Cohen The Killers Sigur Ros Jacques Brel Squeeze Tom Waits Rufus Wainwright Shirley Bassey The Ramones Martin Grech Talk Talk ISA and The Filthy Tongues Buffy Saint-Marie Klaus Nomi The Brian Jonestown Massacre The Velvet Underground Peter, Bjorn and John The Sugarcubes Adam and The Ants The Clash X-Ray Spex T-Rex Jayne County and The Electric Chairs The Scissor Sisters - ok just seen them, but didn't make the wowzee list

wowzee gigs i've been to(just the wowzee ones as I can't remember ALL the bands I've seen):
Antony and the Johnsons-most awesome gig evah! (and we did drive all the way to Glasgow to catch him. I cried. This is a good sign!)
Goldfrapp
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Cave (solo) (cried!)
Mew (They made me cry too!)
Jackie Leven (cried!)
Morrissey (cried!)
Nine Inch Nails
The Cramps
Pulp
PJ Harvey (ok, more smoozing, I gave her an aromatherapy massage on the day of the gig so was guestlisted *yay*)
The Cult
Echo and the Bunnymen
Beck
Bjork
The Pixies
Marc Almond
Utah Saints
Soft Cell
Julian Cope
Chumbawamba
New Model Army
Radiohead(rightly they should probably be higher up the list, but I was in *incredible* ankle pain for the gig due to Dublin being a total wank-off of a city if you are a lame bleedy arthritis bone diseased er person needing taxis aplenty! If I hear kid A my ankle throbs (but I may not be the only one))...To be fair The Damned, Siouxsie and The Banshees, The Bravery, Editors and The Kooks were all pretty tight live too.
(and once , a long long time ago when I was a goff, I was blown away by Fields Of The Nephilim, The Sisters and The Mish, nuff said!)

The worst gig ever:
Without a doubt The Sisters of Mercy 03 and 06- utterley terrible, the sound engineer must be deaf. That's not a slurr on the hearing impaired btw. Stiltskin were awful too, my friend forced me to see them, ugh!

First gig:
The Damned(fab, got down front age 14, pogo-ed, fell-over AND was ok :) ), Leeds University 1986 infact... Friday 10 October - Leeds University Refectory supported by Blue In Heaven(tedious)

So come on, what's on your btsb4Id list?

No comments: