Sunday, 24 February 2008

Seventh Tree

The new Goldfrapp album isn't out until Monday, but if you are liking a bit of Alison and Will, the full album can be previewed on Myspace ...

http://www.myspace.com/goldfrapp

I'm liking it lots, its less glam rock than Supernature and Black Cherry. It does smack of English folkoid eccentricity and reminds me of the mellower times up Felt Mountain, the first album. Grown-up lullaby's for interesting times. I'm loving how Alisons vocal style is becoming increasingly Kate Bush-ey in some parts and Liz Fraser-ey in other parts.

I started making a list of consonants that were omitted from each Liz's and Alisons vocal style at points then discarded it as too nerdy ;)

I'm also (eBay) bidding on a Goldfrapp ticket for Manchester in June. Fingers crossed :)

Upcoming Shows ( view all )
4 Mar 2008 19:00
Union Chapel London, London and South East
12 Apr 2008 19:00
Motel Mozaique Rotterdam
16 Apr 2008 19:00
Casino de Paris Paris
18 Apr 2008 19:00
Royal Festival Hall London
21 Jun 2008 20:00
De Le Warr Pavilion Bexhill-on-Sea, South
22 Jun 2008 20:00
Birmingham Symphony Hall Birmingham, Midlands
23 Jun 2008 20:00
Bridgewater Hall Manchester, Northwest
25 Jun 2008 19:00
Royal Albert Hall London, London and South East
30 Jun 2008 20:00
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Glasgow, Scotland
1 Jul 2008 20:00
Sage Gateshead Gateshead, Northeast

No comments: