Last night was ace. Went to see Michael Weston-King with the gilly of the woo. He and the support (Nick Hall) played great sets. I especially enjoyed myself as well, when I noticed "Paul who dresses to the left". MWK played "It will end in tears" and it nearly did, what an emotive song! Gill managed not to embarrass herself by going up and gibbering at him like a 'fangurl twat'(her words!) . Nick Hall was good too - gill was particularly interested to hear him do a song called "the house carpenter" which is a staple of the handsome family. It was a good version as was his cover of Dylan's "John Brown".
Also got chatting to a girl in the loos who has started up an alt folk, alt country americana night at Santiagos called the hee haw sessions, she's trying to get The Handsome Family over in June to play the brudenell social club. Which would be amazing! Me, gilly and Fox are going t try and get to the next hee haw - which is in May.
I've just discovered tonight that a pub apx a mile away(The Owl in Rodley) is running live music/folky nights on friday and saturday and serving food and real ale, I can see me getting down there more often :).
Folk music can be very life affirming.
Wednesday, 27 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment