It's all so exciting I've given myself a headache! :
If I'm well enough/not totally skint 3rd Sat in Nov, New Model Army Leeds and then onto Wendyhouse.
8th December The March Violets, Gotham City (LS1) - You won't probably have heard of them as they were a Leeds Goth band in the early 80's. They were STUNNINGLY POWERFUL though. Rosie Flowers (the female singer) has been doing marvellously, succesfully running my favourite decadent club; Club Lash for the last 7 years, and re-invented herself as Manchesters own Vampire Lesbian Poetess Rosie Lugosi. I was very honoured to be chatted up by her once (LOL), I admit running a goth night called Snake Dance in Leeds in 1990-1992 went some way to the schmoozy evening. I won't bore folk further... oh yes, why the hell not, when I passed mi bosses mate Si my pint and said 'hold that love, but I have to dance , I know I'm a sad old goth' (Snake Dance had hit the decks, we were down The legendary Phono in Leeds - I say legendary but really only if you're a goth in Leeds is it legendary, it inspired the penning of The Sisters Of Mercy Floorshow, safe to say it was my first home in my mis-spent youth), anyway... I didn't realised the Simon I passed my pint to was Simon D the male singer from The March Violets I think perhaps the sentiment there was *cringe* he was kind enough to reveal his surname after I writhed uncontrollably on the dancefloor for 3 mins though. Bless me.
14th December Manchester Academy Transmission and The Other Smiths (Joy Division and The Smiths tribute bands respectively) 14 Dec 2007. I am going to be comletely deliriously excited/inspired/aroused!
Spear Of Destiny: SAT 15TH LEEDS JOSEPHS WELL - my second ever gig 1986. I yearn to see them one more time.
..............................................................................
- Good news story(nowt to do with dodgy bibles): http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-news/2007/10/21/how-hiv-man-became-proud-dad-using-cutting-edge-science-91466-19983113/
- Oh, and today I had a marginally surreal pre-op assesment, not knowing what the op will be though there are options: cutting me open and heaving my bowels around or having a small incision made in my cunt to get elsewhere leave very fricking little to be desired. *harumph*. It may be 'something and nothing', jolly bloody good, I'll piss myself if they find NOTHING WRONG. So that's admission on the 5th Nov, procedures and op under general 6th Nov, straight to High Dependecy again and then back to colorectal surgery, then change hozzies and back to P3(Haematology) at The Royal Hallamshire. Oh an d another central line- whta fun. But by god I'm getting my tax's worth.
- I go to Whitby Goth Weekend on Friday for 24hrs(my birthday) I'm determined to extract either 36 pecks or 36 Becks. We like the marginally anarchic approach of not going to any organised events and just hanging in the pubs with there lovely extended mixes.
- Saturday I am in my local with 10 pals kareokeing, luckily the dj and I share musical tastes and I've got my requests in already. Then back home to Playstation Singstar, put the world to wrongs/Bev and Ben jamming. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!*
- My 11 month old boiler is making terrifying noises. It's akin to movement of Cerberus's bowels.
- Back to parents now as it's 30 miles closer to Whitters and I know for a fact I'm getting something OTT black and sequined to wear for my birthday from mum :)
Love and light to y'all xxx

4 comments:
Happy Birthday H my dear:)
Why did I think that your birthday was on the 23rd Feb? Maybe I was getting your birthday mixed up with Laura Palmer's last day alive, which was on the aforementioned date.
Either way, have a wonderful day stroke evening...Incidentally, what are you doing? Maybe a trip to "Space City"?
BLAKE: So. That is Space City.
VILA: Also known as the satellite of sin.
AVON: By whom?
VILA: Me.
AVON: It had to be someone of limited imagination.
VILA: Pick a pleasure, any pleasure.
JENNA: And you'll find it for sale in Space City.
BLAKE: If you've got the money.
VILA: But we have, we have.
Have a good one H and spend those federation credits wisely;)
Jaex
I wished you a Happy B'day on my comment for your op post but because this is your birthday post here it is again
Happy Birthday!!!
Wishing you a fishnetted, eyelined, glittery topped, pecking, becking night out honey!
xx
The satellite of sin YUMMY!!!!!!!! - I often come under the influence of (eye) Shadow and mooning at discs too. Funny how life imitates art. I only got £20 S&M vouchers though, limited bargaining/currency I'm sure you'll agree
ps your references are MINT!
Dear dear Ros thanks for the multiple birthday wishes!
There were no Beckhams thankfully :)
H x
Post a Comment