Thursday, 31 January 2008

All my world in one grain of sand, and I've blown it.

Yazoo tix are £45 plus a booking fee. That's taking the piss. Even Nick Cave's only £25.

It was put to me last night that me and my pal Ian might be best placed to buy an alt bar/nightclub, I'd be worried about losing my house as collateral if it went tits up, but BOY would it beat working where I do! I'd probably still have to work part-time...

ION: My life's turned a bit tedious it's gone a bit: work=more tired=eat more=see less people... negative spiral. I need to kick start some hedonism and a jaw wiring. Really, the core issue probably is that I'm orally neglected and need someone to kiss and not another 'snack' lol.

I've also decided to fuck around with my anti-depressants, amitriptyline. I've been on between 25 and 150mgs for the last 3 years and am trialing a week without, then work up to 10mgs(it's great for pain relief from haemophilic arthropathy) I'm sick of the sleeping sickness I've got and am prepared to do anything now, I have a poor quality life as I sleep so fucking much and get poor quality sleep despite sleeping 12-14 hrs a day. It's been like this since about 8 months before I started anti-depressants (which was 10 years ago, I started on SSRI's and SNRI's). Ami knocks me out for a say 3 hours then I have a VERY restless and exhausting sleep and after 12-14 hours still often feel totally unrefreshed and lethargic. So far, night one: I had just under ten hours and woke up bouncy and refreshed. Last night however I had a racing heart and poor quality sleep, so poor I've had to take the afternoon off work so I can sleep some more. I eventually got to sleep at 4.30am and was restless untill 11am then slept blissfully till 14.30. The experiment continues, yesterday was my worst day for over-eating but as I'd come off anti-depressants there could lie an explanation. Mood feels ok, though I felt a bit panicky about being on my own last night so called Ian over for a few hours a natter a bottle of wine and sausage butty!

I'm really digging this tune right now:

Dave Gahan-Saw Something

pass it on, this one's from Ian:
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship? No
2) What was your dream growing up? To be a vet, or work as a groom, or work voluntarily for the RSPCA
3) What talent do you wish you had? a cracking singing voice
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be? voddy and coke
5) Favorite vegetable? beetroot or parsnip
6) What was the last book you read? War Crimes For The Home - Liz Jensen
7) What zodiac sign are you? Scorpio
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. right shoulder 'Chalky and a heart'
9) Worst Habit? general neurosis
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? yup
11) What is your favorite sport? show-jumping
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude? Neg
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? natter and laugh
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you? I can't post that on the internet!
15) Tell me one weird fact about you. I was nearly run over by Marc Almond and Neil X
16) Do you have any pets? not atm
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly? make u a cuppa
18) What was your first impression of me? nice smile
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary? sexy
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? my whole body
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? both
22) What color eyes do you have? grey/green
23) Ever been arrested? yup
24) Bottle or can soda? can
25) If you won £10,000 today, what would you do with it? pay off debts/have a break/holiday
26) Do you think you know me well? ...
27) What's your favorite place to hang at? my bed
28) Do you believe in ghosts? not really
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time? time with friends
30) Do you swear a lot? fuck yeah!
31) Biggest pet peeve? pompousity in others
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself? lazy
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance? god yes
34) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose? The Royal Mile, Edinburgh
35) Do you believe in God? nope

No comments: